Thursday, January 29, 2009

MONSTER Trucks!

This post is about a week late, but I still wanted to share. Last Saturday, Kevin and I went with another couple to a Monster Truck Rally. It was my first time to see them in person and it was so much fun (must be the Alabama/redneck in me)! I could not believe how big those trucks are in person. They are HUGE! To put it in perspective, Kevin is 6'3" but look at him in front of one of these monsters:


Big, huh? We went to the "Pit Party" before the show that night. Apparently, the guy who started the whole monster truck idea is named Dennis Anderson, and he owns the truck named "Grave Digger". All of the drivers were at the Pit Party signing autographs, but the line to get Grave Digger's autograph was over 2 1/2 hours long!!!! He is very popular, but I can see why...when I was able to see him in action during the show, he is VERY good! Very entertaining and fast! I have turned into his #1 fan.



Here I am during the show enjoying a little cotton candy:

I had planned on wearing ear plugs during the show because I had heard that it gets really loud, and it's true, it is very loud but I loved the noise! The revving of the engines and hearing all that power was exciting (again, I blame my Alabama heritage, because I am the same way with Nascar... I love the noise)!
Mine and Kevin's second favorite driver was the "Bounty Hunter", he was also very good and he actually won the rally, both in the race and for his stunts performed.

Here is the driver getting presented his trophy:

Now I am dying to go to the Monster Truck World Finals in Vegas in March! Maybe I can talk Kevin into taking me for our anniversary???? That's in March too!

1 comment:

April said...

We were cheering your team on last night and very upset and the outcome in the end :(

In the news a few weeks ago there was a monster truck that had parts fly off of it in a show and a piece hit a 6 year old in the head and killed him. TRAGIC! It was the weekend after they were here.

Good news.. I still love you :) Sorry everything sounded so down. It has been a rough week with sick babies and Jay out of town. I promise to update ASAP.