Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Lights

On thanksgiving, I did not feel very well so we went over to our neighbors to eat. It was just our neighbor, Scott, his two girls, Megan and Molly, and me and Kevin. We were all in our pajamas! I have never spent all of Thanksgiving day in my pajamas before! I quite enjoyed it. After dinner, we relaxed, took naps, watched football, and played several games of "Scene It" on their X-box. Here are a few pictures...notice the first one of Kevin sneaking food.

The day after Thanksgiving, we dug out the Christmas Decorations. I decorated the inside of the house and Kevin did the outside. I wish I could explain how "Griswold/Christmas Vacation" our street is...everyone puts up Christmas lights and lots of them...it has almost turned into a contest between all the men. Who can put up the most lights? Whose house looks the best? We did more than usual, but we still don't hold a candle to some of the houses on our street. But here a few pictures of Kevin's hard work:


Sorry for the bluriness of the pictures...it's hard to take pictures of lights at night. Anyway, last but not least, here is the decoration at the very front of our yard:

Yeah!!! ROLL TIDE! Our Christmas penguin is proudly displaying his love for the Crimson Tide, #1 team in the country, undefeated regular season!!! Of course, our neighbor Scott tells me to enjoy until this Saturday...then he will buy a motorized Christmas Gator to chomp on the flag (for those of you not into SEC football, the Florida Gators are playing Alabama on Saturday)! I hope he is wrong...
Until then, I hope everyone is enjoying gearing up for the holidays! Only 24 shopping days left!

3 comments:

Love and Laughter said...

Your house looks so pretty with all those lights. Maybe I need to hire Kevin to come over and help Michael. Hanging lights is not one of Michael's top 10 things to do, but he still does us to make his family happy! It sounds like your neighborhood goes all out for the holidays.

Brenda said...

Your yard looks GREAT!!

I know it was hard to not have your family on a holiday, but it looked like ya'll had a great time.

I hope you like your blog.

Love,
April

April said...

We got our card yesterday and we LOVE it!! Ya'll are so cute and funny. I love the way it shows your personality.

We miss and love you,

Your Stark fans