Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Announcement...

No, I am not pregnant! That is the first thing people think when I say this...
But I wanted to post this on our blog for all of our family and friends...After much thought and many, many prayers, Kevin and I have made the decision to move to Kansas City, MO. Kevin is from there originally and he has lots of friends and family there. One of the biggest reasons we have made this decision is because of his dad.
Kevin's dad has been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer and while he is doing pretty well right now, we feel in our hearts that the right thing to do is to go move near him. Kevin and I have both lost parents to cancer before and regretfully, did not spend enough time with them due to other circumstances. We do not want to make the same mistake twice.
Plus, as you all know we have been trying to have a baby for quite sometime and the idea of being close to family when that happens really makes me happy! Lord knows, I will need all the help and support I can get!
We are going to miss our life in Phoenix...we have an amazing church, great small group, great house, wonderful neighbors and friends, and the list goes on and on...Not to mention, the absolute most perfect weather ever! I am very concerned that me and two of our three dogs are going to freeze in KC! I do not handle cold weather well.
Another thing is that this is all happening VERY fast...we plan on being in Kansas City by the end of March at the latest. But what can I say? When God opens a door, he opens it very wide, has it propped open, and is pretty much pushing us through it!
Please pray for us as I am a little stressed with the move, packing, job hunt, etc. But I know we will be taken care of, and following the path God has prepared. Thank you so much for your love and support! We love you all!

2 comments:

April said...

WOW!! I am so sorry to hear about Kevin's dad. He is in our prayers.

How far in KC from Southaven :)

Brenda said...

That's the good news my friend...not very far! Much closer than Phoenix. I think it's about 6 hours...yay!